PURPOSE OF KMI
KMI is an interdenominational, Christ-centered organization, whose purpose is to exercise and encourage evangelism, discipleship, and development toward the fulfillment of the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20).
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The Bible and Salvation
• We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of Scriptures as originally given. The Scriptures are infallible, inerrant, and the sole and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct. (2Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13).
• We believe in the eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as one God existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
• We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis: his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness. (Romans 5:12 -18). We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man. (Luke 1:26-35;
1 John 1:18; Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 9:6).
• We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally
appeared unto His disciples.
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25).
God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
• We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to Heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again, the second time for His Church. (John 14:2-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
• We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of Christ by which we obtain remission of sins. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12,22; Romans 5:11).
• We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Eternal
Godhead in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:34-36; Acts 19:1-6).
• We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a real experience at, or subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence, namely speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
(Acts 2:1-4; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 10:44-46; Galatians 3:14 -15).
Heaven, Hell, sin and the end times
• We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14, as manifested in the early Church.
• We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting in the fear of God as expressing the true Christians faith. (Ephesians 5:18;2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1).
• We believe in the healing of the body by divine power, or divine healing in its various aspects as practiced in the early Church. (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14).
• We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly called the Communion or the Lords Supper, for believers. (1 Corinthians 11:28-32; Matthew 26:26-28).
• We believe in the reality and personality of the devil, and eternal judgment in the Lake of Fire for the devil and his angels. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:14-15).
• We believe in eternal Life for believers (John 5:24; John 3:16) and eternal punishment for the unbelievers. (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15).
• We believe that there is one true universal Church, made up of genuine believers, but this one universal Church is also composed of many local churches in given localities. These
churches are under the sovereign headship of the Lord Jesus Christ, exercising autonomous government under Him, administering all its local affairs and ministry, as well as the propagation of the Gospel. (Acts 15:22; Matthew 16:18; Matthew 18:15-20).